Friday, June 14, 2013

Belle and Sebastian - Write About Love

At this point, I'd consider any Belle and Sebastian album to be gravy. Write About Love comes in the band's 14th year of existence. Very few bands hang around this long, and even fewer manage to still sound vital at this point in their careers.

While I'm more than happy to grant the band a pass, they don't need it. They have more than enough awesome to go around. They don't need my pity stars. They're still earning them. On a somewhat related note, "Calculating Bimbo" goes in ways I couldn't have predicted, even with 14 years of research into the Belle and Sebastian way of life. It's awesome and precisely the thing I was missing on The Life Pursuit.

Baleeted? No. I'm just happy that Belle and Sebastian is still going strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment