Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Anniversary - Designing a Nervous Breakdown

At the end of my review for Your Majesty, The Anniversary's sophomore album, I said, "I now feel compelled to track down The Anniversary's only other album, Designing a Nervous Breakdown." So yeah, I totally did what I said I was going to do. I occasionally like to follow through with things. It keeps people on their toes.

Anyway, Your Majesty was a perfect blend of synths and guitars and majestic indie rock. Designing a Nervous Breakdown shows that The Anniversary was always on that track. They knew what they wanted to be and, for the most part, were the band they wanted to be right from the beginning. Designing a Nervous Breakdown seems a little less focused and a little rougher around the edges compared with Your Majesty, but that's to be expected. Both are great albums and both are deserving of a prized place in any collection.

Baleeted? No. I'm just coming 'round to a full appreciation of this band's greatness. I can't stop now.


No comments:

Post a Comment