Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Anything Box - Worth

Most Anything Box fans will point to Worth as the absolute best the band is capable of. I tend to prefer the more danceable and upbeat tunes on Peace.

Worth was recorded in Germany with producer Gareth Jones, who worked with synthpop greats such as Erasure and Depeche Mode. The result is something more Germanic and Depeche Mode-esque than anything the band had produced up to that point. Worth is dark, flowing, and beautiful. I honestly didn't find any standout tracks on the album because it all melds together so nicely. I would compare it to a soundscape if only soundscapes weren't totally lame. I would recommend this album to anyone who enjoys Camouflage, Clan of Xymox, and pre-Violator Depeche Mode.

Baleeted? No way. I loves me the darkly beautiful synthpop.



No comments:

Post a Comment