Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weezer - Make Believe

Most people were turned off by Make Believe. Most of this has to do with the fact that "Beverly Hills" was the lead single of the album and it apparently got way overplayed on the radio. It baffles me that people haven't figured out that the radio is always disappointing. It will ruin all your favorite songs and overplay the ones you hate. Now that there have been iPods for over 10 years, why is there a single person on earth who still listens to the radio? Be your own program director. Listen to the things that make you happy. Don't cede control to anyone else.

Anyway, Make Believe is a perfect Weezer album as far as I'm concerned. Every song is a finely-crafted rock gem. I love the fact that they added keyboards on this album. It really does something awesome to their sound. I'm just amazed they didn't figure that out after they recorded "I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams," which was one of the Pinkerton b-sides. Oh, and regardless of what anyone says about "Beverly Hills," the talk-box solo is awesome. I've seen Rivers do the talk-box solo live, and it's the greatest thing since Frampton. I know that critics and fans weren't too thrilled about Make Believe, but I don't care. This is as good an album as Weezer has ever made.


No comments:

Post a Comment