Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weezer - Hurley

If you thought a jumping dog was an odd choice for an album cover, I don't know how to explain Hurley to you. Let's just say that Rivers Cuomo pretty much does whatever he wants, and those of us who have chosen to be faithful to Weezer through thick and thin have just come to accept that.

Anyway, Hurley is a very good album. Pieces of it sound very much like old school Weezer, and other pieces sound like the new stuff. As a longtime Weezer apologist, I can't help but love it all. A few of the songs sound only half-baked (I'm looking at you, "Where's My Sex") but the rest of it is generally high quality Weezer material. Oh, and I'll say this: there's a live cover of Coldplay's "Viva La Vida" that is freakin' fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment