Wednesday, August 22, 2012

a-ha - Hunting High and Low

I don't think I'll ever stop trying to convince Americans that a-ha is not now, nor has ever been, a one-hit wonder. Everyone knows them from "Take on Me," and while that is a fine song, there's so much more to this band than just that one number.

Hunting High and Low begins with "Take on Me," and it certainly doesn't end there. This album also has "The Sun Always Shines on TV," which was also a hit (see? I told you they aren't a one-hit wonder) as well as "Love is Reason" and "I Dream Myself Alive," which are better than average 80's songs. Hunting High and Low is a great 80's album. Go back and listen to everything that comes after "Take on Me." I promise there's a bunch of good stuff on there, you just have to be willing to find it.


No comments:

Post a Comment