Thursday, June 7, 2012

Silverchair - Frogstomp

Silverchair was an exciting discovery in 1995. The guys in the band were scarcely older than I was, and they had a very hard-rocking Pearl Jam-esque 90's alternative sound. Since that time, Silverchair has grown up, changed their sound, and turned their back on the very music that made them famous. Daniel Johns refers to the Frogstomp era as his embarrassing high school garage band that somehow got laid out for everyone to see.

The problem with all this is that I don't care for Silverchair's later work. I mostly dig the stuff on Frogstomp and its followup Freak Show. It's some very good 90's alternative rock, which is right up my alley. I don't care how the band feels about this album, and I don't care how critics feel about it. I never saw it as a novelty. It's a solid album by a bunch of guys who happened to be teenagers at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment