Thursday, June 7, 2012

Shotstar - What the Hell is Rock N' Roll?

Shotstar is a little surprising. They're a local (Arizona) band I had never heard of before spotting this disc in the local artists section of Zia's (the second banana of Arizona record stores). I didn't know what to expect, but this EP exceeded whatever expectations I might have had.

Shotstar lays down some straightforward rock, but does it with big hooks and a nice overall sound. There are only 7 tracks on this EP (I'm assuming it isn't a full release, but it doesn't say it's an LP anywhere and information about Shotstar is scarce) and it always leaves me wanting more. What more do you want?


1 comment:

  1. Hey there,
    This is the singer from Shotstar, Andrew Taillole. I was happy to find this little review! I am still making music under the name Andy Marlow and am in the process of making an album in Los Angeles.
    Glad the Shotstar stuff is still out there and on the shelves.
    Thanks for helping to keep the band alive. I am going to be putting up all our songs on Youtube soon so anyone can listen.

    ReplyDelete