Monday, June 4, 2012

REO Speedwagon - The Hits

Whatever AOR means to you (album-oriented, adult-oriented, arena-oriented, anthem-oriented, or any other a-word-oriented rock) REO Speedwagon is among the best bands in the genre (Journey, Styx, Chicago, Boston, Foreigner, and Toto being some of the others). Over the years this music has generally been lumped into the "so bad it's good" category.

If you're like me, you'll dig bands like REO Speedwagon without a hint of irony. I really like REO Speedwagon. I got chills the first time I heard "Can't Fight This Feeling." Seriously, it's good. This isn't just kitsch fodder. It's some really good music. This hits compilation is of overall high quality. There were a couple tracks that felt like filler, but aside from that I enjoyed every minute of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment