Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Getting Back Into Little Rubber Guys

Back in the day there was a seemingly endless supply of little rubber guys ready for your collecting pleasure. I had a few M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, most of the Guts Laser Fighters and Underwater Demo team, and I remember collecting pieces of a multi-piece Voltron-esque robot figure that I never completed. Little rubber guys were the thing in the 80's/early 90's.

Fast forward to now and I haven't collected little rubber guys for years. I don't know what happened to all my figures from years past, but I can only assume they were yard sale fodder at some point. Anyway, I was in Wal-Mart not too long ago because I live in a small town and there is a real dearth of shopping places. I was wandering through the toy section with my daughter and I happened upon a bunch of brightly colored balls with the Marvel logo on them. My curiosity was piqued. What I was looking at were Heroics. These are tiny rubber action figures featuring some of Marvel's best superheroes. I ended up buying a few Heroics that day, and have been hooked ever since. My Wal-Mart originally only stocked the Marvel line, but recently started stocking DC as well. I am now the proud owner of nearly all the figures in this line. I had to go online and see which figures are in which balls and buy a bunch of figures to finally get chase figures like Red Hulk. Below are a couple pictures of my collection along with a breakdown of how many of each figure I own.


Marvel
Standing Wolverine - 1 (Odd that I don't own more of these)
Jumping Wolverine - 4
Hulk - 9
Red Hulk - 2 (chase figure)
Clear Spider-Man - 1 (chase figure replacing the now rare black Spidey)
Spider-Man - 4
Spider-Man with web - 5
Thor - 4
Iron Man - 5
Captain America - 4

DC
Standing Batman - 4
Jumping Batman - 6
Up and Away Superman - 5
Superman - 3
Justice Lords Superman - 2 (chase figure)
Flash - 8 (all these flashes in a row look like 1 flash running)
Reverse Flash - 1 (chase figure)
Martian Manhunter - 2
Green Lantern - 3
Joker - 3

Anyway, for more information on these nifty little rubber guys, I refer you either to the product website or to the fantastic forum entitled Little Rubber Guys. Who knows how far it'll go with these guys? Maybe I'll get back into collecting Guts or something. You can see I've got a few other little rubber guys lurking in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment