Sunday, March 18, 2012

Kings of Leon - Holy Roller Novocaine EP

An employee at Hoodlum's literally forced me to buy this EP. It was one of those weird things that would occasionally happen because of the amount of time and money I spent at Hoodlum's. On a separate occasion, a different employee forced me to buy the first TV on the Radio EP.

Some of the songs on this EP appear in the same way they do on Youth and Young Manhood, but some are drastically different. The version of "California Waiting" on the EP is completely different than the album version. The EP versions has a lonelier sound to it, which I like. "Wasted Time" also differs from the album version. "Wicker Chair" is the only song on the EP to not appear on Youth and Young Manhood. Anyway, inasmuch as this EP was my introduction to Kings of Leon, I'm inclined to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment