Friday, January 13, 2012

The Lottie Collins - Runaway to the Mexico f/w Pouvatel

Here's another odd duck from the boys over at I Don't Feel a Thing Records: The Lottie Collins. They are another garage band from Japan. That's not the odd part. This 45 is pretty much straightforward garage rock with no surprises whatsoever. It's even a little bit boring. That's not the odd part. The odd part is that both tracks listed on the jacket are on the a-side of the record. The b-side is blank but it doesn't look blank. Unlike the Tri-City Thundercats "Rapid Transit" single which is flat on the b-side, the b-side of The Lottie Collins has a groove. It has a spin-in groove leading into a track that is, according to my record player, about three minutes of silence, and then has a spin-out groove that will seat your needle when it's done. More than once I thought about bringing this record back to the shop and asking if it was a mistake, but I didn't want to look like a dummy if it was, in fact, a joke that I had missed. The copy of this record that I own has a lot of gunk around the edges because it wasn't trimmed precisely. I have often wondered if that was not the problem, but I can't imagine that it is. At any rate, this is a decent if not altogether befuddling record. It's also rare as is everything in the I Don't Feel a Thing stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment