Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bon Jovi - You Give Love a Bad Name b/w Raise Your Hands

This is my jam right here. No matter how ridiculous Bon Jovi was in their heyday or how doubly ridiculous they are now that they're trying to pretend that they never were ridiculous, I love this song. It's kind of like my love for Neil Diamond. I know that there are people who are into it for ironic hipster points, but that's none of my concern. "You Give Love a Bad Name" is up there in the top tier of the hair metal hall of fame. Oh, and I'll forever be angry at my former roommate who had a dj friend who did a mashup of "You Give Love a Bad Name" with Belinda Carlisle's "Heaven on Earth." I love both songs, but I love them separately. I got my roommate back by inserting "Tony Danza" when singing "Tiny Dancer." I apologize to you if I just ruined that song for you and by extension that scene from Almost Famous.

The b-side on this 45 is "Raise Your Hands," which also appears on Slippery When Wet. It's a great song that reminds you to raise your hands. Put it together with "All Join Our Hands" by White Lion and you've got some sweet sweet hair metal mix magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment