Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Why I Haven't Written in a While

You honestly can't be too surprised to see that I haven't written in a long time. First of all, my track record has been sketchy at best, and I nearly quit this blog two times already, so you knew what I was when you picked me up.

There are a few reasons why I haven't been too diligent about writing in this thing lately: 1. I got an iPad. Yes, I took that plunge into the world of tablet computing and now I spend all my time shooting birds at pigs and monkeys and/or reading digital comic books. 2. I'm really trying to be a good husband and father. The times when I feel really plugged into my blogs, I tend to be a little distant with my wife and daughter. It's not that I don't love them, it's that writing is a lonely thing to do, and at times a selfish thing to do. So yeah, I have been spending more quality time with the wife and kid and I don't regret it. They are the people who matter most. Inasmuch as this blog has zero readership, I really can't justify how devoted I get to it at times. 3. I got bored. Yeah, it's the number one reason all my other blogs have failed. I didn't keep my own interest, so what's the point?

So what does all this foofaraw mean for this blog? I honestly have no idea. It might be a little easier to keep it up with an iPad, which is how I'm writing this very entry, but I don't know if I'll want to keep it up. We'll see. Anyway, this has been the state of the blog. Keep not reading and I'll keep not writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment