Sunday, June 19, 2011

Blaster Master (NES Game)


I have to admit that I have a soft spot in my heart for Blaster Master. I'm still a realist, so I won't be giving 5 Tanookis to a game that doesn't deserve it, but my review may be a little more favorable than it should be. Or not. I don't know how to check whether or not I'm being objective. Let's just assume that I'm not.

In Blaster Master you are the drive of an awesome little tank. It can jump, shoot, and do a bunch of other stuff. Not only can you drive the tank around, you can hop out of the tank and take off to places the tank can't go. As a matter of fact, you'll face all the bosses on foot rather than in your tank. After each boss you'll receive a powerup that will allow you to move on to the next level as well as hidden areas in the current level. Powerups include better weapons that can shoot formerly impenetrable walls, hover jets that allow you to reach levels you can't jump to, and many others.

If you play this game through to the very end, you'll learn that the whole ordeal was so that you, the driver of the little tank, could get your pet frog back. That frog picked such a dangerous area to get lost in, he deserves to die. I had pet frogs when I was a kid, but I wouldn't have hopped in a tank and taken on the world if my frog got away.

Leaving the frog aside for a moment, I have to say that overall this is a great game. There's a lot of enjoyment packed in this little cartridge. It deserves every bit of...

No comments:

Post a Comment