Saturday, June 18, 2011

Big Bird's Hide & Speak (NES Game)


I'm not going to actually rate this game because I'm not a part of the target demographic. I wasn't even a part of the target demographic when this game was made. I'm getting old. Anyway, this game is notable for its excellent voice synthesizer. Big Bird is the only character that talks in this game, but it sounds just like the Big Bird you know from Sesame Street. It was really a technical breakthrough for the NES.

There are 6 variations on a very simple game in Big Bird's Hide and Speak. Each of them is based on finding Sesame Street characters in the windows of a house (see picture) or finding the letters that correspond to them. You select the right character by having the little yellow bird land on their window. The little yellow bird doesn't care what button you push on the direction pad, which is confusing. It just cycles through the windows top to bottom with every push of a button. If I were rating this things, I would knock off big points for that. Anyway, Big Bird's Hide and Speak is kinda boring and overly simple, but I'm not in the target demographic so I won't rate it. It's just a Nintendo game someone gave me and since I'm reviewing all my Nintendo games I felt compelled to write a blurb on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment