Saturday, May 28, 2011

Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers-Turbo Ocho


This album is the product of an interesting experiment. Roger Clyne and the band took a trip down to Mexico to write this album. The goal was to write and record a song a day for 8 days. The band's progress was videotaped and made available to fans via the band's website. A few more songs were tacked on after the original 8 day sessions in order to flesh out the album. I loved the idea for this album, but didn't love the output at first. When I was watching the webisodes as the band recorded these songs, I felt like they weren't as strong as Roger's previous work. As time has gone on, this album has grown one me. It's not as great as some of his other albums, but I have come to appreciate Turbo Ocho as a very good Roger Clyne album, and only a step or two below the great ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment