Saturday, May 28, 2011

Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers-Sonoran Hope and Madness

If I had to pick I'd have to say that this is my least favorite Roger Clyne album, which is like picking your least favorite hundred dollar bill (mine's the one with Franklin on it). I love everything that Roger has ever done, but something about Sonoran Hope and Madness just seems a little dark and inaccessible to me. Songs like "Ashes of San Miguel" and "Ballad of Lupe Montosa" are far from my favorites, but they are balanced out with "Bury My Heart at the Trailer Park" and "Better Beautiful Than Perfect" which are two of my very favorite Roger Clyne songs. It just seems a little- dare I say- uneven. There are enough good songs, however, to make it a necessary purchase for the true Roger Clyne fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment