Saturday, May 28, 2011

Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers-No More Beautiful World

I was surprised to find that there were hardcore lifelong Roger Clyne fans who were disappointed by this album. Some felt it strayed to far from the classic RCPM sound set forth on Honky Tonk Union. To my ears it sounds like Roger Clyne should. Then again I have a ringing in my ears day and night (wear earplugs to concerts, kids. Do you know who wears earplugs to concerts? The bands). "Hello New Day" never fails to make me feel happy. I love the chorus for "Lemons": "Sometimes I slumber on a bed of roses, other nights I crash in the weeds. One day's a bowl full of cherries, one night I'm suck on lemons and spittin' out the seeds." Something about this album just makes me feel good inside, and any album that can do that is aces in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment