Monday, May 30, 2011

Neil Diamond-His 16 Greatest Hits

I bought this greatest hits album in Cambodia on the black market. The US version of this CD has only 12 of Neil's greatest hits. Buying it illegally on the black market will get you 4 extra tracks for your trouble. In case you were wondering, the extra tracks are "America" "Love on the Rocks" "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" and "Hello Again," which are all classic Diamond and personal favorites. Here's how my love of Neil Diamond goes: it isn't ironic or kitschy. I love Neil Diamond because he's freaking great. He writes great songs, he has an enchanting voice (yeah, I said it) and he doesn't sound like anyone else I know. I've been listening to Neil Diamond since I was a kid and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I agree with Steve Zahn when he said, "Yeah, he's America's greatest songwriter and he's our hero." Neil Diamond freaking rocks my socks. I still get chills when the guitar kicks in on "America." I still feel tears welling up in my eyes when I sing along at the top of my lungs, "First they say they want you, plead how they really need you, and suddenly you find you're out there walkin' in a storm." My love of Neil Diamond is pure and the songs on this compilation are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment