Saturday, May 28, 2011

Garth Brooks-In Pieces



I have had an up and down relationship with country over the years, but I can honestly say that I am much happier as an open country fan. A lot of it has to do with the aforementioned ceasing of all attempts at coolness. Anyway, Garth Brooks is country music's Elvis. He's sold a gazillion records and sells out every show he plays. If he's Elvis, this album is equivalent to whichever Elvis album is widely acclaimed as his best (I don't really like Elvis that much and I'm too lazy to look it up). I have personally danced to every track on this record (I grew up in a small town where just about every dance was a country dance) and my positive associations with each track have only grown over the years. Anyway, if you don't like Garth Brooks, consider this: a gazillion Garth fans can't be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment