Sunday, May 29, 2011

Elvis Costello-The Very Best of

It was on a high school bus trip (remember high school bus trips? It didn't matter where you were going, but if you had friends on board it was always super great) sitting next to my friend Dan that I was introduced to Elvis Costello. Dan always had a much more cultured musical palate than I did back then, and he introduced me to more than a few artists that I had to grow into. Anyway, he had his headphones on and I tugged on his sleeve to ask what he was listening to. He told me it was one of the most incredible songwriters the world has ever seen, Elvis Costello. He handed me his discman and played "Alison" for me. I kept the headphones on until he made me take them off. Looking back, I was kind of a jerk back then. Maybe I'm a jerk right now and only the gift of hindsight will help me see it. Anyway, I loved Elvis Costello from the very first moment I heard him. Side note: how much does he look like Rivers Cuomo in this picture? Seriously. Maybe that's why I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment