Monday, May 30, 2011

Dirty Dancing-Original Soundtrack

I didn't see Dirty Dancing until I was in college, a mere 14 years after the movie was released. Why didn't I see it? My parents didn't approve of it because of the title. When I got to college, a female friend of mine was so shocked that I didn't get her "baby in a corner" reference that she dragged me over to her place and forced me to watch it. As you may already know, I am a big fan of musicals. If you're a fan of musicals it's only a hop, skip and a jump to loving dance movies (I already loved dance movies. I have 5 sisters, all of whom are dancers. I've been big on Fred Astaire and Gene Kelley since I was an infant). Anyway, the Dirty Dancing soundtrack is an interesting mix of 80's ballads and early 60's rock and roll. Patrick Swayze himself even contributes "She's Like the Wind" to the mix. If you love the movie, you'll more than likely be imagining the scenes of the movie that fit these songs, which is what I always inevitably do. Dirty Dancing is a perfect fusion of movie and soundtrack. Dig it. Dig it big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment