Monday, May 30, 2011

The Delgados-Universal Audio

I bought this album on pure speculation. The Delgados is a cool name and the cover art for Universal Audio is awesome. It's simple and yet tells you everything you want to know. The more I have listened to this album, the more I love it. The Delgados are an indie pop outfit that doesn't require you to be a fan of indie to enjoy. Think a slightly more accessible Belle and Sebastian (Yeah, I know B&S are plenty accessible, but if you've accessed them chances are you're the sort of person who would be inclined to like their music and therefore unfit to say what is accessible to the palate of the music peasantry. Then again I like Belle and Sebastian and I might be unfit to make that call. Let's forget I said anything). Anyway, I found this to be a nice, light and poppy listen with a pleasant aftertaste. It has plenty of bouquet and good body. I would say more if I knew any other wine terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment