Monday, May 30, 2011

Dave Matthews Band-Under the Table and Dreaming

One of my favorite Futurama quotes, Nibblonian- "You are the most important person in the universe." Fry- "So how I feel when I'm drunk is right?" Nibblonian- "Yes, except that Dave Matthews Band doesn't rock." I used to be of the Nibblonians opinion. Every Dave Matthews Band fan I knew was of the new age 90's hippie variety, and that bothered me. Then my friend Diane bought me a ticket to a DMB show, and I'm always game for free stuff (that's how I saw Sheryl Crow in concert. Not as abysmal as I would have thought, by the way). The concert was great and I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. I went right out and bought Under the Table and Dreaming, Crash, and Before These Crowded Streets. Under the Table and Dreaming is perfect Dave Matthews style jam band hippie rock. It always takes me back to the summer when Diane took me to see them in concert. That was the last summer before I really had to start growing up, so this is a perfect nostalgia trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment