Monday, May 30, 2011

Dave Matthews Band-Everyday

This album rates a a solid meh. I think Everyday was when Dave Matthews Band decided that they wanted to reach out to a larger fanbase by trying for a more straightforward sound. Not only does Dave Matthews Band not appeal to people who aren't already fans, they alienated a lot of their core audience with this album. I think I picked this one up at a K-Mart back when such things existed (it was going out of business. I got this CD half off). There isn't a single song on here that lasts longer than 4 and a half minutes. When you've built a fanbase on being one of the big names in jam band college rock by creating crunchy grooves that can last up to 7 or 8 minutes on a studio album and 12 to 15 minutes live, I don't know what you're doing when you try to trim your songs down to radio single length. It doesn't make sense and it was a bad idea. Dance with the one that brung ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment