Monday, May 30, 2011

Dave Matthews Band-Before These Crowded Streets

The DMB concert I saw with my friend Diane was the tour in support of Before These Crowded streets. I bought this album at Tower Records on Mill Avenue, back when Mill was a legitimate cool place to hang out. Before These Crowded Streets is a much darker and more prickly DMB effort than the albums that preceded it. I don't know exactly what inspired the mysterious and dark gypsy-like tone that permeates the album, but it's definitely a unique feature to the Dave Matthews Band catalog. As with Crash and Under the Table and Dreaming, this album takes me back to a time when I was having the time of my life with two of my best girl friends in the last summer of freedom. I remember freedom. It was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment