Monday, May 30, 2011

The Damnwells-Bastards of the Beat

The Damnwells make country rock in the same vein as Old 97's and Ryan Adams. I found out about them through one of the samplers I used to take at Hoodlum's (they had a section of samplers that record companies would send them. They put them out for free taking, and I took one of each every time. I found a lot of good music that way, and a lot of crap). The Damnwells sampler was so good I bought the full length album. The full length album was so good I listened to it over and over but never bought any other Damnwells albums. Why? I cannot say. They even have an album called No One Listens to The Band Anymore. I listen to The Band. They're #3 in my favorite bands of all-time. Anyway, if you like The Band and all the bands they inspired, you'll probably really like The Damnwells. Check out "I Will Keep the Bad Things From You" and "Kiss Catastrophe."

No comments:

Post a Comment