Monday, May 30, 2011

Dada-Puzzle

If you're looking for great underappreciated 90's music, look no further than Puzzle by Dada. If you can't figure out why this album is a little under the radar, take a look at the cover art. You've got a very plain Dada logo superimposed on a bed of white gravel. You have a toy horse on fire, a troll doll in a vice, and a collection of springs. This is some of the least inspired cover art I have ever seen. If it weren't for a very knowledgeable record store employee, I would have never picked this album up at all. Thank heaven I did because it's right up my 90's alternative alley. Take a song like "Poster" which I like so much I try to convince myself that it's not about statutory rape. Then there's "Dizz-Knee-Land" which is probably the only Dada song you've ever heard. With lyrics like, "I just killed a man today, I'm going to Disneyland" how can you go wrong? You can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment