Monday, May 30, 2011

The Crystal Method-Vegas

Did I really have a rave phase in the late 90's? I guess albums such as this are indisputable proof that I did. I think I mentioned when listening to The Chemical Brothers that I have pretty much lost my ear for this kind of music. I'll say this for Vegas, it wasn't as much of a chore as the two Chemical Brothers albums I own because it seems to move along a lot faster. Not being as bored during this album than I was during a similar album is not a great selling point. I'll just say this, if you're the sort of person who can sit down and really listen to music like this, I respect and don't understand you. The only time I could listen to this was when I was either dancing or driving. Now I don't do the former that often and I can't stand to listen to this while doing the latter. Maybe this is just music for people whose pulse is a little stronger and who still possess the ability to flail around wildly until the wee hours of the morning. I'm too much of an old grump (I'm in my early 30's. That's old right?) to put up with this anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment