Monday, May 30, 2011

Counting Crows-This Desert Life

This is another Cambodian black market pickup. What can I say? Cd's were only a dollar there and I knew the girl who sold them in Psa Tuol Tompong. Anyway, This Desert Life is okay as Counting Crows albums go. The first track "Hanginaround" is a fun little ditty, but seems so much more pointless than any of the songs on August and Everything After and Recovering the Satellites. It's not that I don't want Counting Crows albums to kick off with a sort of fun jam, it's that I don't expect it. The rest of the album takes a more standard Counting Crows tone. The very next song "Mrs. Potter's Lullabye" is much more standard Counting Crows fare. This Desert Life is a good enough Counting Crows album if you were one of their fans who decided to follow them from one millennium into the next, which I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment