Saturday, May 28, 2011

Candy Butchers-Play With Your Head



 For some reason I have a part of my brain that will never be satisfied with the number of power pop albums I own. I find myself scouring power pop forums and websites looking for bands I don't own yet, and then I make every attempt to find those albums in my local record stores, often meeting with failure. If I was smart, I'd just hit amazon, but I don't like mail order for some reason. Anyway, Candy Butchers is a band (a one man band) that I found out about in some online forum or another. I found this CD at Zia's (A place I hate to visit, but they always seem to have good selection) and purchased it immediately. I didn't like it at first, but it has grown on me with repeated listens. It isn't the same old straightforward power pop that you normally find on Velvet Crush albums and such. It's a little more complex and it gives a little more of a delayed gratification. At any rate, I found it was worth the dough I spent on it, which is all you can ask for a speculative purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment