Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Bouncing Souls-How I Spent My Summer Vacation



I am reviewing my Bouncing Souls albums in order of how much I like them, beginning with the best first. How I Spent My Summer Vacation is a perfect Bouncing Souls album. It represents their very best songwriting. Practically every song is a punk rock anthem meant to be played loud and sung by crowd of 1,000 or more. The Bouncing Souls occupy this strange no-man's-land between "real" punk and pop punk. They definitely know how to write a song and put a studio sheen on it, but they also rock a lot harder than any of the bands on Drive-Thru Records. With this album they straddle that gap with no visible signs of strain. It's so good it will appeal to non-punks but it still rocks hard enough to appease the kids with safety pins in their ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment