Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Bouncing Souls- Hopeless Romantic



 This album bridges the gap between The Bouncing Souls' early days as punk rock weisenheimers and the present day where they are somewhat of a punk rock vanguard churning out pure gold. Take a song like "You're So Rad." It's pure old school Bouncing Souls. It's funny and immature in a charming way. Then you take a song like, "Fight to Live" and you've got an anthem that begs you to shout along. It's a little more serious, but it's still a whole lot of fun. I guess the point is that The Bouncing Souls found on this album that they could still be the most fun punk band in the world and not have to try to be funny. They just seemed to be growing up a little here. I'm trying to not sound like I'm giving them a backhanded compliment. I loved the weisenheimer years of Bouncing Souls and if you had asked me at the time if I had wanted them to get a little more serious, I would have definitely said no. It's just that they changed a slight bit and it turned out to be fantastic. I'll stop talking now.

No comments:

Post a Comment