Saturday, May 28, 2011

Boredoms- Super AE



 I used to hang out in record stores so often that it was not uncommon for a record store employee to shove a record into my hands and order me to buy it. A guy named Joe handed me a copy of Super AE and told me it was the very reason music was invented. With such a strong statement how could I refuse? But here's the thing with Joe: he likes weird music. If we drew a Venn diagram of our musical tastes, the circles would be very large and would probably only intersect at one or two points (Built to Spill and The Soft Boys). So yeah, this album of Japanese noise rock is one of the more interesting titles in my collection. I can honestly say that on the rare occasions I listen to it, I actually do enjoy it. Even so, I can't help but wonder if I would enjoy it if it had not been so highly sold to me. Anyway, I recommend this to anyone who doesn't have enough 12-minute long hum, buzz, click and pop sessions in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment