Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bon Jovi-Crossroad



I loved Bon Jovi before I ever heard their music. When I was in 6th grade we made tracings of our bodies on butcher paper, cut them out, and colored them for the parent/teacher night. One of my fellow students, who was one of the cool kids that I desperately want to be like, colored himself into a green jumpsuit with the words, "Bon Jovi" scrawled across it. The teacher was upset with him, but I was enthralled. Here I had actual evidence of something that made cool kids cool. Another classmate made a Def Leppard jumpsuit, but that's another story for another day. Why jumpsuits? I dunno. Anyway, I loved the name Bon Jovi and I couldn't wait to hear their music. As a youngster I had no income and didn't get my hands on some Bon Jovi until my future brother in law copied it onto cassette for me when I was in high school. At any rate, due to the highly nostalgic association with Bon Jovi, I am now and will always be a fan. But I won't follow them into that "It's My Life" crap or onto the country charts. I will follow them as far as Keep the Faith and no further.

No comments:

Post a Comment