Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Black Keys-Magic Potion



 Magic Potion is the only full-length Black Keys album I own on CD. I own all the others on vinyl because they're just the sort of band you want to own on vinyl. I also own Magic Potion on vinyl, but when it first came out, none of my vinyl stops had it. I bought the CD and some months later I found it the vinyl version. How many times can I say vinyl before I sound pretentious? I'm already there? Okay then. So yeah, this is from the period where The Black Keys really started experimenting with the things they could do sonically. They had already put out three albums of scorching garage blues, and I guess they felt like there were things that they had done to death. They were probably right. At any rate, Magic Potion is another great Black Keys album albeit a transitional one. Also, it's The Black Keys album I listen to the least, but every time I dust it off I'm reminded that I should listen more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment