Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Black Crowes-Lions



 I love the cover art for this album so incredibly much that disappointment was inevitable when it turned out to be just another Black Crowes album. That gets me thinking...what if it isn't me. What if despite my unrealistic expectations for the Crowes (because who can predict that anyone will be Zeppelin? I don't think Clapton or Beck ever thought the rotting husk of The Yardbirds would ever be Zeppelin) they just aren't that good. They're skilled musicians who have a definite sound in mind, but what if that sound that they consistently give just isn't that great. Maybe it's not me. Then again, what do I know? I just don't enjoy The Black Crowes as much as I intended to and I can't help but wonder whose fault it is. I blame Kate Hudson.

No comments:

Post a Comment