Saturday, May 28, 2011

Big Star Small World

 Here's an album that makes me feel smart for liking Big Star. The album itself is a bit hit or miss (My take on tribute albums is this: if you don't bring something new and exciting to the song you're covering, don't bother. There are so many tribute albums and so few good covers on them) but just knowing the types of people who also enjoy Big Star makes me feel like their peers somehow. I can just picture myself cutting Ryan Adams or Matthew Sweet in line at some mucky muck function and saying, "It's ok. I like Big Star too."



I've reviewed as many albums as I can endure without burdening myself. Look for more reviews to come. And I still write this thing like anyone else reads it. I guess I do it to not feel so lonely. I miss the companion cube and the cake is a lie. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment