Saturday, May 28, 2011

Belinda Carlisle-Runaway Horses



 Runaway Horses should have been a better album than it is, which is why I tend to like it less than it deserves. Featuring collaborations with George Harrison (my favorite Beatle) and Bryan Adams (who was huge at the time) one would think that the songs would be strong and the album would be awesome. Not so much. The songs aren't particularly bad, but Belinda set the bar pretty high for herself with Heaven on Earth. Maybe Heaven on Earth was just too good of an album and represents an anomaly in what has been and will be a pretty darned solid solo career. Belinda Carlisle's self titled debut album wasn't nearly as good as Heaven on Earth, but it's easy to forgive many sins on a debut solo work. I think if  Fresh Horses came before Heaven on Earth it would be much more highly regarded. I think the fault lies with me and my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment